Moving beyond recycling, which is now well established in Cloneen.
Reduce the amount of waste produced by the community in the first place.
Manage the resources used by the community. These include water, energy and transport for example.
What are resources?
- Energy of all kinds
- Food, including “food miles”
- Reusable items
- Time, including volunteer time
What do we want to do?
- Take steps to reduce the level of resources used
- Become more efficient at using these materials
- Reducing waste generation
How do we do this?
- Store rainwater ( Four Water Harvesting Containers installed in 2016)
1000 Lt water storage containers ready for installation around Cloneen
- Bulk buying, reducing mileage
- Grown It Yourself (GIY)
- Avoid disposable products
- Use local library (use a Kindle or similar device)
- Repair goods
- Good planning
- Hold awareness events